Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Monday, September 12, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
- Break the rules!
- Fear comfort!
- Fear negativity!
- Mistakes (well documented and understood) are the most beautiful experiences
- Embrace & value integrity!
- Build ecosystems, not products!
- Derive less value than you create!
- Work on stuff that matters!
- Explore continuously!
- Love what & who you love, passionately!
- Learn to play a musical instrument and/or find a homeless adult (at least very 3 months) and buy the person a meal in exchange for their life story...shut up & listen to it all!
- Assume, in all things and every day, that you won't live beyond the next 36 months!
Friday, August 12, 2011
“It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly…who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
*Ask/Action : open ecosystems...GOV 2.0... Start basic... Inject intelligence into everything... Meta language definitions for our continent... Expose rich Api's and taxonomies... Create app store modeling and execution...
Targets: transit feeds + healthcare + traffic + mobile companies (they have the herding data - use Vodafone example)
Let's start now! Let's get the support... Let establish two things now: "africa.gov" and "code for africa"...technologist who give a year of their lives...
Let's establish participatory frameworks... Africa needs this more...
Africa has quicker wins... Africa has hackers...
*if we can organize around legislative common frameworks and taxonomy
... Why can't we (CITIZENS...NOT GOVERNMENT) do this?
*All geospatial data public...all city base map data public...all sensory networks public and have an api...
I am a hacker...my city a platform!