The current "load shedding" REALLY has me concerned about our country - here are 8 facts about South Africa that makes it REALLY hard to maintain a positive attitude:
1. One of the highest AIDS infection rates in the world - "In Botswana, a shocking 24.1% of adults are now infected with HIV, while in South Africa, 18.8% are infected. With a total of around 5.5 million infected, South Africa has more people living with HIV than any other country." - Avert.org
2. Highest violent crime rate in the world - " In 1998 South Africa had the highest recorded per capita murder rate of the countries selected in the 1998 Interpol report. In 1998 there were 59 recorded murders in South Africa per 100000 of the population, followed by Colombia with 56 murders per 100000."
Number of murders recorded per 100 000 of the population, 1998
3. Our potential new country president has been found involved in a generally corrupt and fraudulent relationship...and accused of rape...and has a criminal case pending re fraud
4. Highest telecommunications costs in the world
"The price of an international leased line in South Africa is 253percent higher than the average global price. Business cellphone services cost 107percent more than the global average and retail ADSL services and business ADSL services are 119percent and 97percent more expensive respectively."
5. Erratic power provisioning - I suggested a renewable energy act
6. Our NATIONAL commissioner of police has several conspiracies linked to himself - reaching from fraud to murder
7. Highest rape occurrance stats on the planet
8. Congested highways, rapidly degrading roads and absolutely no sustainable strategy regarding safe, reliable, pervasive and well governed public transportation