Search Stafford's blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

Ultimate Employees

I am often asked about my opinion re the best employee and I always respond with the following; I choose blind passion, a pinch of humility, absolute integrity and an insanely positive attitude...over any level competency! Why would I appoint a Phd graduate who lacks in these other areas?! Give me a person or team that is able to just about read or write yet has those attributes...and I'll conquer anyone and achieve anything...and love doing it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....and if you add "Can Do Attitude" , "diplomatically assertive", "strong organizational skills, "interpersonal skills", "computer skills" with artistic flair, and a "determination to succeed and excel" - you have your perfect employee.

Hi Stafford,
I have left a message before on your blog - if you remember the "Loadshedding Blues" song? I have been in South Africa for a year now and am would like to re-enter the job market. I would love to work for Google - sorry to put it so blunt.
If Google is hiring - where can I send my CV?

Thanks and regards,

Isobel McKenna www.123listen2me.com

staffordmasie@gmail.com said...

Hi there Isobel - thanks for the posting! Please go to the following url for all the job listings in South Africa; http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/static.py?page=intl.html&jobslc=africa

Thanks again and keeping blogging ;)

Stafford

Anonymous said...

Thanks Stafford, I will keep checking the website.

The Product Marketing position in Nairobi is tempting - the commute is a bit far ;-)

Regards,
Isobel